- We founded Brand Inscentives in 2005. Even thought the concept was foreign to us, we knew it had legs. We read about how Disneyland had incorporated scents into rides, to create multi-sensory experiences for visitors and that Singapore Airlines used scent extensively in their touch points with clients. They carried a signature scent throughout, using it in the air hostesses perfume and in the hot towels, so that customers were constantly exposed to it and began to expect it as part of their experience. The scent became an element of the brand. We thought the concept of scent marketing was novel and exciting.
- It was daunting at first, as we had to introduce the concept to the South African market and we spent the first couple of years educating the market and in fact creating a market. When we contacted potential clients, they would say, “but we already have air fresheners in the bathrooms” and we would have to try and explain why scent marketing was not a division of hygiene, but rather a marketing tool to improve a clients experience.
- We eventually signed our first client, Carnival City Casino and we were thrilled. We were off the ground. Carnival City is a client to this day, which we are very proud of. We soon signed many more casinos, as they realized the value scent brought to their guests experience and also how bad odors, like cigarette smoke, could be masked. We became well known in the gaming industry and developed expertise in scenting large and complicated spaces through the ducting.
- At this stage we designed, manufactured and produced systems that were installed alongside the ducting of air conditioning or HVAC systems. Over time as the market has grown, it has been necessary to import simple plug and play units for smaller retail spaces, offices, lobbies and occasionally homes.
BEE Rating – 24% Black Owned
- Second runner up in the Africa Growth SMME Awards in the Manufacturing sector – June 2015
- Winner of Barclays Bank, Bridge International Competition which resulted in BRAND INSCENTIVES travelling on an all expenses paid trip to London, to undertake market research.
- Gillian Meiring was announced as a finalist in the Women of Substance awards in 2015 for her contribution to business & the community.
Areas of Operation
We service our clients nationally across South and Southern Africa and have plans to expand globally.